Battery is a Service oriented product and requires regular Maintenance.
Regular maintenance will enhance the life of the Batteries and performance as well. In general, the battery is considered as the core of power backup system. The Zitron Tubular Batteries are low maintenance Batteries With a few simple maintenance tips one can extend the Battery lifespan.
- Sizing of Battery/Inverter is very important. A Right capacity battery and Inverter based on your application and load.
- Always Store & Install Battery in a well ventilated Space.
- Top of the battery must be kept clean and dry. Petroleum Jelly should be applied to cable clamps and terminals. Never apply grease. Terminal corrosion, dirt and moisture cause loss of power and make the battery weak.
- In case of inverter the voltage of the inverter should be such that the upper limit does not exceed 14.2-14.4V and the inverter does not discharge battery below 11.0V. After the full charge, float the setting to 13.8V to 13.9V.
- Keep the Inverter Battery Away From Inflammable Objects.
- Make sure to periodically check the inverter battery water level every 3 to 4 months to ensure that the water level is not below the minimum level.
- Top-Up the Battery only With D M Water from authorised Person. Normal tap water and RO water should not be used for top-up as they contain Minerals and other impurities that can shorten the battery life.
(More Tips on Maintenance in our Warranty Card)